Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Pearls of Wisdom

It's been a long time since I've written but I feel I'm being nudged to put my thoughts down and to dwell on the 'One who created me'. I feel it's time to use the gifts that he has given me as a creative, deep thinking introvert to express 'Who He is to me'.

I've been interested in Pearls since I heard Gary Chapman talk about the formation of a pearl in a marriage seminar. At that time (3-4 years ago) I did some reading and became more and more fascinated by their history, by their appeal, by their beauty, by their formation and mostly by the work of their creator.

I started to write a few ideas down and I quickly realized that I had what looked like a book outline - not a few devotional thoughts. It wasn't my intention to stop writing but somehow those thoughts got filed away waiting for a day when I was more equipped to write. I was waiting a time that I could read through the bible and pull the relevant scriptures. I was waiting a time when my knowledge in theology would enable me to write more than a few paragraphs on each subject. I was waiting for a time when I would feel that writing a book wasn't Beyond Me. I was waiting for a time that was never going to happen.

I hear a whispering that tells me that writing a book is beyond me but listening to God and sharing His love isn't. Pearls once again are on my mind - so I'm going to write what God is speaking to me and not worry about the end result and not worry about the order or the structure and we'll just see what happens.

I'd love you to join the journey and to come and try to cultivate some 'Pearls of Wisdom' with me.

In Him,
Kate Herring.

1 comment:

Rosemarie said...

Hi Kate!

I am soooo happy to see you on here! I met you and Alan in Australia! Was that 1990 or 1991? Look for me on facebook. I would love to hear from both of you! Take care, bye :)